Lemony Kale Garlic Quinoa with Tomatoes, Fried Egg and Green Onion
Breakfast is an important meal. It's the first thing you eat, so not only should it blow your mind with how good it tastes (hello, I want you to get excited about food right when you wake up!!), but it should also keep you satisfied throughout the day.
Cue this breakfast: a protein-filled bowl loaded with fiber, fat, and other nutrients to keep you satiated and energetic. This breakfast is enjoyed as prepared, or if you're in love with spicy as much as I am, some red chili flakes or Sriracha. You can also prepare the egg poached or soft-boiled if you prefer — the dish will taste just as good!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Optional: Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat up olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add garlic and kale and saute for about 1-2 minutes.
2. While kale is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes. Add to pan. Cook vegetable mixture until kale is wilted, and then add quinoa, tossing thoroughly. Place quinoa mixture in a bowl.
3. In the same pan, or a different clean one, if you prefer, crack egg into pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes until whites are firm. Place on top of quinoa.
4. Top with lemon juice, green onion, and Parmesan cheese to taste.