Red Beet and Quinoa Salad With Mint Yogurt Dressing
If you can't tell already, I love salads. I love putting everything I can in salads. I love creating new dressings. But sometimes, I forget to combine flavors that are the most obvious. The roasted beets in this salad go amazingly with the mint and yogurt combination. By making a dressing using only Greek yogurt, you get that ooey gooey creaminess of a thick dressing without usual actual cream.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 3 red beets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin oilve oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 chopped onion
- For Mint Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- A little less than 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel beets and cut off both ends. Spiralize using a small noodle blade. Place on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet, spreading beets evenly. Drizzle olive oil evenly over beets, and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until beets are soft.
2. While beets are cooking, prepare dressing. Blend Greek yogurt, mint, garlic, white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and honey until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, add quinoa, arugula and onions. When beets are finished roasting, slice them a few times with a knife to break up the noodles. Add to bowl with dressing. Toss until dressing evenly coats all salad ingredients.