Kale Parsley Hemp Seed Pesto Pasta With Salmon
It's Monday, so we definitely need some brain food to get us through the week. This meal is filled with a combination of carbohydrates (gluten-free!) and protein, which will not only keep you satiated throughout the day, but will give you a steady stream of energy. Mix in the kale and parsley pesto, and you've got an antioxidant filled dish that will also help boost your immunity.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice pasta
- 1 salmon fillet
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks of kale
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place salmon on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is flaky but no longer pink.
2. Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, baking for 20-25 minutes.
3. To make pesto, blend kale, parsley, hemp seeds, olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice until smooth.
4. Using a fork, break salmon into pieces and mix with pasta. Toss with pesto and top with cherry tomatoes.