Smashed Avocado Toast with Wilted Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
I heart avocado toast-- how about you? Avocado toast is such a timeless and effortless breakfast that can be made so many different ways! I love this recipe because it helps maximize the amount of nutrients you absorb by combining healthy fats like avocado and olive oil with the nutrients in tomatoes and spinach.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 3 pieces of your choice of bread (I used Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 3 cups of uncooked spinach
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes
1. Toast your bread and put aside.
2. While bread is toasting, heat up about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add spinach and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until wilted (but not until it is completely soft).
3. Scoop your avocado out into a bowl and mash with a fork. Spread on toast.
4. Top your toast with spinach, tomatoes, and red chili flakes. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and squeeze some lemon juice on each slice for extra flavor.
How do you like to avo?!