Triple Chocolate Paleo Pancakes with Dried Dark Cherries
What if I told you you could make pancakes using just banana and eggs? What if I told you they have the exact same consistency as flour pancakes, with just as much sweetness, and are even more filling? Well, there's good news for you-- it's all true!
If you haven't made two-ingredient pancakes yet, prepare to have your mind BLOWN. All you have to do is mash 1 banana with 2 eggs, and then get creative. I've made them with caramel sauce, berries, and even just plain maple syrup, and each time I am so SHOCKED at how much they resemble your typical pancake.
These pancakes are triple chocolate because I used cocoa powder in the base, added dark chocolate chunks, and added a nice vegan and paleo chocolate sauce over the top. This breakfast tastes more like a dessert, to be quite honest, but have no fear! It's just made with eggs and bananas, so you're in the clear.
- For pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- For sauce:
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Mix your banana and eggs. Once it's consistent, mix in cocoa powder. HINT: If you like chunkier pancakes or don't have a blender, you can mash with a fork until creamy. If you want your pancake batter super smooth, blend together with cocoa powder in blender or food processor.
2. Heat a little bit of coconut oil up in a pan. Pour batter into circle shapes, dropping a few chocolate chunks and cherries onto each. Flip once pancakes firm. Pancakes should rise and puff up, and need to be cooked for just a couple minutes on each side.
3. Once pancakes are ready, mix maple syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa powder together until smooth. You can heat in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it warm and melted if you would like. Drizzle over pancakes.