This summery dish is perfect for a light lunch picnic day or a snack to share at the beach. For me, lemon is always the ideal dressing, as it's light, flavorful, and healthy! I don't use peppers a lot, but I wanted to really let their raw taste stand out against the mild flavors of the brown rice pasta. All the different-colored veggies means you're getting lots of nutrients and antioxidants!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice pasta, chilled
- 3 medium sized sweet peppers, in different colors
- 1/2 cup arugula, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Olive Oil
- White wine vinegar
- 1 small lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package and let cool.
2. Chop up all ingredients and toss with pasta.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, white wine vinegar, and the juice of 1 lemon (or 2 if you want a stronger lemon flavor). Top with salt and pepper to taste.