Garlic-Lemon Kale Salad with Roasted Spiralized Golden Beets, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, and Parmesan Cheese
If you've been following my blog for some time now, I'm sure you've noticed a pattern of foods I like to make. The first is kale, obviously. The second is spiralized foods. Now and then, I'll put the two together, and I have to say, salads have been tasting so much better since. While it is a little extra work to spiralize a topping for an otherwise simple salad, it's much more filling and much more satisfying. Not to mention the colors are so pretty! And we all know color means more nutrients and antioxidants.
I have recently come to love golden beets! They're much less messy to make, and they're flavor when roasted is amazing! I highly recommend you give them a try, though regular beets can be used as well! Just make sure they are raw before you spiralize them.
- 1-2 raw golden beets, peeled and ends sliced off
- 2 cups kale, stems removed
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prepare beets first. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spiralize beets and place them on a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil on top and toss so it's evenly spread on the noodles. Top with a little bit of salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes. Mix noodles around and bake for another 5-10.
2. Place kale in a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil and salt, and massage kale leaves so they soften.
3. Finely chop your garlic. You want it to form a paste, so try adding a little bit of salt into it to soften. Keep chopping until it is very fine and gooey.
4. Toss garlic in kale with the juice of your lemon, adding olive oil as needed.
5. Top with chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, and beet noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.