I love bowls! Not only are they pretty, but they're a great way to mix in a bunch of flavors, and fit in all the different food groups into one dish. This one is great for lunch, because you can just stick all your ingredients in the oven, and then get ready for work or school.
- 1/4 cooked red quinoa
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- Handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Garlic Salt
1. Cook quinoa according to package.While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice your sweet potato and chop tomatoes, if desired. Put a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Add your sweet potato, tomatoes, and chickpeas on. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle all of the veggies with salt and pepper. Sprinkle just chickpeas with oregano, rosemary, and cumin, or your preferred spices. Toss. Bake for about 25 minutes.
4. When quinoa is finished, place in a bowl. Top with roasted veggies, chickpeas, sweet potato, and avocado. Top with sprouts and hemp seeds.
5. Drizzle on some more olive oil and squeeze your lemon for juice. Top with garlic salt as desired.