Kale Shakshouka with Pepper and Parmesan
It has been over two years since I have gotten back from Israel, but I am still just as obsessed with Shakshuka. There was definitely a period in my life where I was eating Shakshuka for breakfast every morning for a few months. It is the quickest and most low maintenance breakfast ever, and you can really spice up its nutritional value by adding different greens, spices, and even Greek yogurt. I made this version with kale, garlic, and a dash of Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup kale
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
1. Heat up some olive oil in the pan. Add garlic and kale and cook until kale is a bit wilted.
2. Add the tomato sauce to the pan. Heat until it bubbles. Crack your egg directly into the sauce and cover.
3. Cook until whites solidify and yolk is cooked, but loose. Turn off heat and remove cover. Top with Parmesan cheese and pepper.