Green Goddess Kale Salad With Potato Wedges
I have always been a huge fan of potatoes, in every single shape and form (yes, even french fries. Hello guilty pleasure!). When I put them in salads, it definitely makes me feel better about adding the resistant-starch-filled vegetable into my diet. This salad gets extra indulgent with my creamy vegan green goddess dressing.
- 2 cups kale, with leaves broken up
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 white potato
- For dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup raw soaked cashews (must be soaked overnight)
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice your potato in wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes.
2. To make green goddess dressing, blend avocado, soaked cashews, green onion, cilantro, basil, garlic, and lemon juice until creamy.
3. Place kale, chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, and potatoes in a bowl, and top with dressing. Add black pepper as desired.