Kale and Veggie Baked Eggs
When I first started cooking in college, I made baked eggs for breakfast every single morning. I remember feeling so proud that I was eating so many vegetables at the start of my day, and the meal always held me over until lunchtime (well, with a few snacks at least).
The beauty of baked eggs, like a salad, is that you can add in anything you have leftover. I added a lit bit of Parmesan cheese on top because it adds a little flavor and texture on the top, but you can definitely go without it if you're dairy free or lactose intolerant.
This recipe is for one person, but you can easily multiply your ingredients and add it to a bigger baking pan to make for lots of guests or the family!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop up peppers and mushrooms.
2. Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium-low heat. Add peppers, mushrooms, and kale and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Remove vegetables from pan and add to small oven-safe dish or bowl. Crack egg over vegetables, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until egg whites are throughly cooked. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then serve warm.