This is a simple and light pasta dish that is quick, but filled with flavor. It's both vegan and gluten-free, making it a friendly option for all diets!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2-3 servings brown rice spaghetti (enough portion for 2 people)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, broken into pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare pasta according to package.
2. Spread cauliflower and chickpeas on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the cauliflower, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil on chickpeas. Toss chickpeas and cauliflower (separately) so everything is evenly coated. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cauliflower has begun to brown and chickpeas are crispy.
3. Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Add cauliflower, chickpeas, and arugula to spaghetti. Pour lemon juice over spaghetti, and toss the mixture until everything is evenly coated. Serve warm, and top with black pepper as desired,