I love chickpeas; they are probably my favorite plant-based protein, so I am always looking for new ways to make them. They taste delicious in the combination of coconut milk and turmeric, but add in that creamy mint yogurt sauce, and you've got a double whammy of flavor — and health.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
Ingredients for Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Prepare quinoa according to package. While quinoa is cooking, make the mint yogurt sauce by blending ingredients in a blender or food processor until mint is processed and smooth.
2. In a large pan, heat up coconut milk on medium heat until it just begins to boil. Lower to medium-low, and add in chickpeas, turmeric, dried oregano, and parsley. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. While chickpeas are simmering, add quinoa to a bowl along with arugula. Add coconut chickpeas, and top with a dollop of mint yogurt sauce. Serve warm.