I'm always down for a kale salad, but I know not everyone feels the same way. Luckily, there are ways to dress kale salads that make them taste super delicious, even if you're not a fan of the green. One such way is using avocado as a thick creamy dressing. This not only gives the kale more flavor, but it masks the bitter taste that many people dislike.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Dash of sea salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
Ingredients for Avocado Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw unsalted cashews
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon filtered water
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Add kale to large bowl and drizzle with a splash of olive oil and a dash of sea salt. Massage kale leaves with your hands, rubbing between your fingers to soften the leaves. Add tomatoes and peppers.
2. To make dressing, blend together avocado, cashews, lemon juice, water, and olive oil until smooth.
3. Add dressing to kale bowl along with sunflower seeds and hemp seeds and toss until evenly coated.