If you're only eating quinoa for dinner, you're missing out! Quinoa makes for a great breakfast, as it is loaded with essential morning nutrients: fiber and protein. Plus, it's super filling and can help hold you over until lunch.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
1. Add cooked quinoa to a bowl.
2. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan on medium heat. Add tomatoes, and let sit for 2-3 minutes until they begin to blister. Add them to the quinoa.
3. While tomatoes are cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until frothy. Once tomatoes are removed from the pan, add the eggs and let sit for about 30 seconds on low-medium heat. Use a spatula and move the eggs around the pan for a minute or two until cooked. Add to quinoa bowl.
4. Top with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.