I'm going to be honest: I made this pasta on a whim, and I didn't measure any of it! Eek! But since it was so delicious, I thought I would include a pseudo recipe just in case anyone wanted a reminder of what ingredients they too can throw into their pasta! The nice thing about dishes like theses is that measurements don't matter as much as in something like baking a cake, where chemistry matters. Feel free to explore and play around with amounts!
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 serving of whole wheat penne
- About 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- A handful of arugula
- Marinara sauce
- A spoonful of Greek yogurt
- A splash of olive oil
- A dash of any of the following spices: cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, oregano
1. Cook your pasta according to package. Drain and rinse, and add back to the pot.
2. Add lentils, arugula, marinara sauce, and Greek yogurt, and mix together on low heat. Add in a splash of olive oil, and serve warm. Top with red chili flakes or pepper if desired.