Noodles and Zoodles With Harissa, Chickpeas, and Parsley
Talk about oodles of noodles! This recipe is great for those easing themselves into the world of spiralized vegetables, as it contains a blend of zucchini and brown rice pasta. You'll be sure to feel full all while getting your dose of a blend of healthy fiber. This harissa isn't too spicy, which makes it a perfect sauce for these Moroccan-inspired noodles.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 2 ounces brown-rice spaghetti (1/2 cup cooked)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Ingredients for Harissa
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Less than 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Prepare spaghetti first. Set aside.
2. Spiralize zucchini. Slice off both ends and cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
3. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan on medium heat. Add zoodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Remove from heat.
4. Mix together spaghetti, zucchini, and chickpeas.
5. Prepare harissa by combining tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, caraway, lemon juice, and olive oil until a smooth paste forms. Make sure your garlic is as finely chopped as possible so it mixes easily.
6. Top your noodles with harissa and a handful of fresh parsley. Serve warm.