Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups kale
- 1 cage-free egg
- 4 stalks broccolini
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon Vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Sprinkle red chili flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut sweet potato into thin wedges, and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
2. While sweet potato is cooking, finely chop up garlic. Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan on medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds or so. Add kale and coat with olive oil, cooking for about 1 minute or until kale begins to soften, but doesn't wilt. Transfer to a bowl as the base,
3. In the same pan, fry an egg. Crack it into the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until whites set but yolk is still runny. Transfer to the center of the kale bowl.
4. Add broccolini to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes or until it begins to soften up. Add more olive oil, if needed. Add to bowl.
5. Finely chop up green onion and slice avocado, and add both to bowl. When sweet potatoes are finished, add those as well.
6. Make sesame aioli by combining Vegenaise and sesame oil until smooth. Drizzle over the contents of the bowl, and top with red chili flakes and black pepper to taste.