Lemony Pepper Kale Omelette
The nice thing about eating eggs is the morning (besides from their high nutrient content) is that it's really easy to begin the day with healthy eating. Eggs are simple, and they can be spruced up using a variety of vegetables and herbs. Beginning your day with healthy eating motivates you to continue your day that way. I can guarantee you'll feel more inclined to eat a healthy meal for lunch if you begin your day with a veggie-filled omelette over a donut, where you already feel like you sabotaged your day.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, 1 egg white
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon
1. Heat up coconut oil in a large pan on medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add kale, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until kale begins to get soft.
2. While kale is cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and along with egg white, and whip with a fork or whisk. When kale is ready, add tomatoes and green onion, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. Add pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon) along with a squeeze of lemon juice. Add basil leaves. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until egg begins to set and get firm. Remove from heat and serve warm.