Spiralized Zucchini Noodles With Lime Avocado Mint Sauce
Hello there! If you are new to Kale Me Maybe and found me through Salba Chia, welcome! If not, I always love a familiar face! I discovered spiralizing almost three years ago, and it has changed my life, and I don't mean in just how I eat! At first, spiralizing made an impact because it really lightened up my meals. You can read about my journey with spiralizing here.
But then spiralizing changed my life through more than just my diet. I had created a lot of spiralizing recipes on my blog throughout the years, and I was lucky enough to get approached by a publisher (Adams Media) who needed an author for their spiralizing cookbook! I took the plunge, and although it was scary, intense, and a huge learning experience for me, I quit my 9-to-5 job, wrote the cookbook, and now I blog and freelance write full time! It has been the BEST thing to ever happen to me! I have always wanted to be a published author since I was a child, and to reach that dream at 25 is surreal.
Anyway, enough about my story and onto the food! (Although if you do want to buy my Spiralizer Recipe book, you can do so here!)
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Ingredients for Lime Avocado Mint Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Optional: 1/2 tablespoon Salba chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut off ends of zucchini and slice in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
2. Spread tomatoes on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet, and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. While tomatoes are roasting, make zucchini noodles. Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan on medium-low heat. Add noodles and cook for about 2 minutes until noodles just begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. To make sauce, combine avocado, mint leaves, garlic, lime juice, and chia seeds in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add to noodles and toss. Top with roasted tomatoes