Summer Crunch Chopped Salad
Summer is quickly approaching, and with the warm weather comes the desire to eat cooling, light, and refreshing foods. Salads are always a go-to for me, as they are easy to whip-up without cooking, and they're easy to fill up with a variety of nutrients.
This summery salad is garnished with edible flowers to make it all the more beautiful, but if you don't have any on hand, you can still enjoy this delicious and crunchy salad, even without its floral goodness.
By the way, the ingredients on this salad are pretty rough, as I threw it together quickly (don't hate me!). The good news is, with salads, exact ingredients don't matter, so feel free to get creative on your own as well.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2-3 cups chopped dandelion greens
- 1 jumbo carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (I used Salba white chia)
- Edible flowers
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon juice
1. Chop up all your ingredients, and add everything to a large bowl. Toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
2. Top with edible flowers, and any salt and pepper to taste, if desired.