I've been all about Buddha Bowl's this summer, as they're easy to make, filled with different food groups, and easy to keep exciting and new. This bowl is filled with quinoa, arugula, cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, honey balsamic Brussels sprouts, avocado, arugula, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds, and it's drizzled with a lemon tahini dressing.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch slices crosswise
- 1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add cooked quinoa to a bow. Add sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey just on the Brussels. Bake for 10 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to the bowl, along with cherry tomatoes, arugula, avocado, and green onion. Top with hemp seeds and sunflower seeds.
3. To prepare dressing, mix together tahini and lemon in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over bowl and enjoy.