Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile know how much I love salads. For me, the more ingredients in a dish, the better! But if you're someone who doesn't cook everyday, buying a ton of different foods — only to let them sit and rot in your fridge — isn't the best way to go grocery shopping or eat healthy. Cue the Taylor Farms pre-packaged salads!
These salad bags can be a great starting point for creating unique recipes with the other usual ingredients you cook at home. This can help you not only save time, but money as well. These bags are pre-rinsed and pre-chopped, and they come with a delicious dressing.
I took the Mediterranean crunch salad, that comes packaged with escarole, endive, broccoli, cauliflower, radicchio, carrot, red cabbage, feta cheese, herbed season flat bread strips, and basil balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and I added in some cherry tomatoes, avocado, and roasted chickpeas for some extra nutrients and flavor. Check the recipe below to try it out yourself!
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the contents of the salad bag into a large bowl, setting aside the feta cheese, flat bread sticks, and dressing.
2. Spread chickpeas on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over chickpeas, and season with cumin, paprika, and oregano. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chickpeas are crisp.
3. Add chickpeas to the salad bowl, along with cherry tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, and flat bread sticks. Toss with dressing packet, and serve immediately.
What would you add to this salad to make it your own?
So bright and beautiful!
Thanks to Taylor Farms for making these great salad kits and sponsoring this post!