Whenever I'm in a rush or I'm busy working, I like to whip up some brown rice pasta as a quick meal or snack. I like to use pesto because I can load my pesto with greens and nuts, and pesto always adds a great texture to a noodle dish.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- One individual serving brown rice spaghetti (about 2-4 ounces)
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 stalks of asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive-oil
Ingredients for Kale Pesto
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread tomatoes and asparagus on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. While vegetables are cooking, prepare pasta according to package.
2. While pasta and veggies are cooking, prepare pesto by blending ingredients together until smooth. Toss pasta with pesto, and top with tomatoes and asparagus. Serve warm, or chill for more of a summery salad.