Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons Kite Hill cream cheese spread
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil spray/olive oil spray
1. Prepare sweet potato either baking at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or by microwaving for 6-8 minutes.
2. Preheat your waffle iron to medium heat. While waffle iron is heating up, spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Scoop out sweet potato and place on top of bread slice, mashing down with a fork.
3. Heat up olive oil in a small pan on medium-low heat. Add kale, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until kale is wilted. Add on top of sweet potato, and cover with other piece of bread. Slice sandwich in half.
4. Spray waffle iron with a little bit of olive oil or coconut oil. Add sandwich halves to waffle iron, and close. Cook for 1-2 minute until bread becomes crisp and golden. Serve warm.