I love tacos, but I don't love meat — Trader Joe's soyrizo to the rescue! I don't even really love real chorizo that much, but I am a huge fan of this vegan product. I love preparing it with cauliflower rice as well, which makes these tacos plant-based and gluten-free. If you are vegan, you can skip the dollop of Greek yogurt, but I like to add it in place of sour cream.
Ingredients (makes 2 tacos)
- 2 white corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and cumin
- 1/2 cup soyrizo
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Handful of cilantro
- Optional: Two scoops of Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce, to taste (I like habanero)
1. Heat up olive oil in a small pan on medium heat. Add cauliflower rice along with a dash of salt, pepper, and cumin. Heat for about 2-4 minutes until cauliflower rice gets soft. Transfer rice on top of both tortillas.
2. In the same pan, heat up soyrizo for about 1 minute until it gets warm. Add on top of cauliflower rice.
3. Top tacos with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt to each taco, and then drizzle with hot sauce, as desired.