Kale & Crispy Chickpea Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
*** My new cookbook is now out! Click here to order "Plant Protein Recipes That You'll Love!" You'll get over 150 vegan and vegetarian recipes, all made with plant-based proteins! ***
This salad is loaded with the goods, but the star is really this Turmeric Tahini Dressing. If you're ever feeling sick or under the weather, eat this salad. Not only will you get your veggies, but the dressing is filled with immune-boosting ingredients, including lemon, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and garlic.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium golden beet, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Ingredients for Crispy Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Avocado oil spray (or other cooking oil spray)
- Garlic powder
Ingredients for Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread chickpeas evenly on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Spray with cooking oil, and sprinkle each of the spices over the chickpeas. Bake for 25 minutes until chickpeas are crispy.
2. While chickpeas are cooking, prepare salad. Add kale leaves to a bowl, and massage by sprinkling on a little dash of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil and rubbing the leaves between your hands to soften the fiber. Add in chopped cucumber, beets, red onion, avocado, and sunflower seeds.
3. Prepare dressing by adding ingredients together in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
4. When chickpeas are ready, add to salad along with dressing. Toss and serve.