Chickpea Spaghetti With Mushrooms, Garlic, Parsley, and Pine Nuts
This wintery pasta is easy to make and filling, and it's vegan and gluten-free!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 ounces Banza chickpea spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Red chili flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking, heat up 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan on medium-low heat.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are soft. Turn heat to low.
3. Drain pasta, and add it to the pan along with pine nuts, parsley, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Toss in pan on low until everything is evenly combined. Top with red chili flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve warm.