Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic Sauce
This recipe is a simple, vegan noodle recipe that can be made quickly. If you want the sauce to be extra creamy, soak the cashews before hand. Also, feel free to add other ingredients like greens or chickpeas for extra nutrients.
If you like this recipe, you can also check out my Spiralizer Recipe Book for some more spiralized meal ideas!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 medium/large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- Parsley, for garnish
- Optional: Harissa
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk/coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
1. Peel sweet potato, and chop off both ends. Cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
2. Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles, and toss so noodles are evenly coated in oil. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes until noodles are soft, moving noodles around frequently.
3. While noodles are cooking, prepare sauce. Blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth. You may have to do this a few times. Taste, and add salt as desired, as sauce may have a slight sweetness from coconut milk.
4. When noodles are done, transfer to a bowl. Top with sunflower seeds. In the same pan on low heat, add sauce, and stir until warm, about a minute or so. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Top with parsley and harissa, if desired. Serve warm.