Period cramps are the worst, but did you know that eating the right foods can help you with all your annoying period symptoms? I teamed up with organic tampon company Cora to come up with this period-friendly recipe to help get rid of all that pesky PMS.
Ingredients (serves 1)
Ingredients for Salmon
- 1 wild salmon filet
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- Handful of assorted micro greens
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle olive oil on salmon and top off with garlic powder, ginger, and turmeric. Bake for about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked all the way through and flaky.
2. While salmon is cooking, add spinach to a bowl, along with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds. Prepare dressing by combining tahini and apple cider vinegar in a bowl until smooth.
3. When the fish is ready, add it to the salad bowl, and top with dressing and micro greens.