Kale Salad With Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Basil Vinaigrette
This simple salad is powered by the flavor of the avocado basil dressing. It's thick and creamy, and it goes well with the kale, as it helps to mask it's bitterness.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 can chickpeas, (rinsed, drained, and patted down with a paper towel)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A dash or two of each these spices: paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper
- Two cups chopped kale leaves (massaged with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt)
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Avocado Basil Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
1. To make chickpeas, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread chickpeas on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle on the spices. Toss chickpeas on the baking sheet to make sure they're all evenly coated. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chickpeas are golden and crispy.
2. While chickpeas are cooking, massage kale leaves with a drizzle of olive oil and some sea salt. Add to a large bowl.
3. Prepare dressing by blending ingredients together until smooth. Pour the dressing over the kale leaves, and toss so leaves are evenly coated.
4. When chickpeas are ready, add to the bowl along with cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!