Clean-Eating Matcha Waffles
I don't like to eat sweets in the morning, but you can catch me with a cup of matcha every single day. These waffles will get you energized without having you feel weighed down, as they are low in sugar and made with the cleanest ingredients! They're not too sweet, but they still hit the spot.
Ingredients: Makes 2 large waffles/serves 2
- 1 cup flour of choice (I like to use 1/2 cup almond flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour; oat flour works well too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup/coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Optional: Drizzle of Matcha CBD Pearl Butter Adaptogenic Coconut Butter
1. Preheat waffle iron on medium high. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix until smooth.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray or coconut oil spray. Pour batter into iron, close, and cook for about 3-4 minutes until waffles are firm and golden.
4. Carefully remove waffles from iron. Drizzle melted coconut butter on top. Serve warm.