This delicious plant-based recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and filled with tons of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants! It can be served optionally with quinoa and spiced up with some Sriracha.
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup kale
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small lemon
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chopped squash in a little bit of olive oil and spread on a baking sheet, leaving a small section for the chickpeas to roast. Toss chickpeas in olive oil and a dash of oregano, cumin, and garlic powder. Spread on the baking sheet next to the squash. Bake for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat a little bit of olive oil in the pain (about 1 tablespoon). Toss kale in the pan until slightly wilted. Put aside until roasted chickpeas and squash are ready.
3. To make lemon tahini sauce: blend tahini, olive oil, the juice of your lemon, and a garlic clove until smooth.
4. Once chickpeas and squash are roasted, add to pan with kale and toss together. Drizzle dressing over your dish and enjoy!