Guys, I'm about to let you in on an amazing secret: the Chipotle guacamole is really easy to make. It's delicious. It's totally healthy. And the best part is: the recipe is available online, straight from the source! Mind blown, right?
I got some ripe avocados from the farmer's market this past weekend for 1 dollar, so of course I opted to make some of this fantastic guacamole. My life is now significantly better with this information in my hands.
Thank you Chipotle for not only being a leader in sustainable food practices, but for so generously giving us your fantastic guacamole recipe:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Recipe Credit: Chipotle