Brunch Bowl With Smoked Salmon and Parsley Yogurt Sauce
This bowl contains all my breakfast and lunch FAVORITES. Lately I have been super into cauliflower rice, as it's extremely fast to prepare, versatile, and so healthy. And I'm sure everyone already knows how obsessed I am with spiralizing (I mean, I wrote a book about it after all!), so why not combine it all together, since bowls really are the best way to eat your food.
Make sure when you buy smoked salmon that you opt for wild-caught, without any dyes or added sugar. You want it to be as pure as possible, or you really cancel out the benefit of all those healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 teaspoon Ghee butter
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 small/medium russet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful of arugula
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon pieces
Ingredients for Parsley Yogurt Sauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat up ghee butter in a large pan on medium-low heat. Add cauliflower and stir, cooking for about 4 minutes or until cauliflower begins to soften. Remove from pan and add to a bowl.
2. While cauliflower cooks, cut off both ends of your potato and cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
3. When cauliflower is done cooking, add olive oil to the same pan, and heat on medium-low heat. Add potato noodles and cover, cooking for about 6-7 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add to bowl with cauliflower, along with arugula, avocado, green onion, and smoked salmon.
4. To make parsley yogurt sauce, blend together ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to bowl, and serve.