Truffle Mushroom and Kale Omelette
This breakfast is for those days when you really want to go to brunch, but know you should cook at home. This kale, mushroom, garlic, and onion-filled omelette is topped off with truffle oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
1. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan on medium-low heat. Add kale, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Kale should be wilted, onions should become translucent, and mushrooms should be soft.
2. While veggies are cooking, crack two eggs into a bowl, and whisk until frothy. When vegetables are ready, pour the scrambled eggs over the vegetables evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium low, or until eggs become firm. Cover if necessary.
3. Remove from heat and drizzle on truffle oil. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, and serve warm.