This breakfast is for those days when you really want to go to brunch, but know you should cook at home. This kale, mushroom, garlic, and onion-filled omelette is topped off with truffle oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
1. Heat up olive oil in a medium pan on medium-low heat. Add kale, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Kale should be wilted, onions should become translucent, and mushrooms should be soft.
2. While veggies are cooking, crack two eggs into a bowl, and whisk until frothy. When vegetables are ready, pour the scrambled eggs over the vegetables evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium low, or until eggs become firm. Cover if necessary.
3. Remove from heat and drizzle on truffle oil. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, and serve warm.