The past few weeks have been so amazing getting everyone's feedback about the book. I love seeing everyone's pictures that you guys have been sending me, and I only hope it keeps on coming! It's great to see my friends and family falling in love with spiralizing, just as I did, and seeing everyone recreate my recipes warms my heart beyond explanation. If you don't have one yet, you can buy your own copy here!
Now this recipe is one for a day where you don't feel like creating an elaborate spiralized meal. This takes less than 20 minutes, but it makes the perfect filling lunch.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 large collard green
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 stalk green onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Lay collard green flat, and use a knife to slice off the stem horizontally. If you're confused, This tutorial is very helpful.
2. Add chickpeas to a medium bowl. Smash with a fork. Add avocado, and mix in with smashed chickpeas. Chop up green onion and mix in along with lemon juice.
3. Add chickpea mixture to the top part of the collar green. Add cherry tomatoes, and begin rolling wrap from the top down, tucking in the sides. Secure loose ends and cut in half.