Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pesto Quinoa Bowl
When in doubt, I always turn to quinoa and vegetables. Whether you like to spread your bowl with tahini, pesto, or even tomato sauce, a quinoa bowl is a great balance of protein and fiber, and although it's filling, it leaves you feeling light and energized.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 large beets, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cage-free/pasture-raised eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon Kite Hill almond milk ricotta cheese
Ingredients for Lemon Pesto
- 1 tablespoon raw walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (about 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
1. Add cooked quinoa to a bowl. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread diced sweet potatoes and beets on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
2. While vegetables are roasting, heat up 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on medium-low heat. Cook egg as preferred (either scrambled or over-easy). Add to quinoa bowl along with sliced avocado, hemp seeds, and ricotta cheese.
3. Prepare pesto by blending all ingredients together until smooth. When roasted vegetables are ready, add to bowl. Top with lemon pesto and serve warm.