Caprese Avocado Toast
Avocado toast sounds so simple, but there's never an end to the combinations you can make. This version is inspired by an Italian caprese salad, and it makes a great light breakfast or afternoon snack.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 basil leaves
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dash of salt, black pepper, and dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Toast your piece of bread.
2. Add egg to a small pot and add water so the egg is covered. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Let eggs sit for 4-5 minutes, and then let eggs cool in a bowl of cold water. Peel off shell, and cut egg in half.
3. Add avocado to a small bowl and smash with a fork. Mix with teaspoon of lemon juice. Spread avocado on your piece of toast.
4. Top toast with basil leaves, soft-boiled egg, and cherry tomatoes. Add a dash of salt, pepper, and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and enjoy!