Lentil Pasta with Golden Beets
If you know me, you know I'm all about the alternative pastas. They're a great way to still enjoy a comfort food, but also get in your fair share of nutrients. They're also nice because they are easy to whip up, and they can be a quick meal when you're in a rush. This is why Love Beets makes such a great addition to these meals! Beets are delish, but they can take a second to prepare. But with Love Beets, they are already ready. Woo!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 ounces uncooked lentil pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Love Beets Honey & Vinegar Golden Beets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package. Drain, and set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat up olive oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and spinach, and saute for 1-2 minutes until spinach has just begun to wilt. Mix in pasta, and toss.
3. Top with pasta off with pine nuts, golden beets and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Thanks to Love Beets for sponsoring this post!