If you have followed me for some time now, you know that one of my favorite dishes is zucchini noodles with pesto. It's simple, it's quick, it's healthy, and you don't get sick of it because you can make pesto from so many different ingredients.
This version has a slight holiday twist, with a kale mint almond pesto, and a little decorative mistletoe made of roasted tomatoes and mint.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Ingredients for Kale Mint Almond Pesto
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shaved almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Put cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
2. While tomatoes are roasting, cut zucchini in half and slice off both ends. Spiralize using a small noodle blade. Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add noodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
3. To make pesto, blend together kale, mint, garlic, almonds, oil, and lemon until smooth. If pesto is too thick to blend, add more olive oil or lemon.
4. Toss zucchini in pesto and top with cherry tomatoes and mint leaves for garnish.