This slightly spicy Israeli couscous draws from Italian and Mediterranean influences, and it makes for a great snack or side dish. Add in some chickpeas or white beans for added protein, and feel free to use quinoa or any other grain as well!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup baby broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1. In a large pan, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add baby broccoli and garlic, cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli begins to soften.
2. Lower heat and add couscous, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon, mixing everything together. Remove from heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chili flakes. Serve warm.