Pad Thai is one of my all-time favorite Thai foods. Although I have made a version of my own, this one is more of a stir fry over Pad Thai-style rice noodles. I served mine with a generous portion of Sriracha, which I have to say, I definitely recommend. The beauty of this dish is that you can throw in any leftover veggies you have in your fridge and serve it over noodles. You can also add in some chicken or shrimp for added protein.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 ounces uncooked, Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Pinch of assorted micro greens
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Optional: Sriracha and lemon
1. Cook rice noodles according to package (about 4 to 5 minutes in boiling water).
2. Chop up mushrooms, pepper, and garlic. Heat up sesame oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add noodles along with soy sauce and toss. Chop up avocado and green onion and add to noodles along with cilantro, micro greens, and sesame seeds. Top with some Sriracha and lemon juice, if desired.