Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Blackbeans and Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
One of my favorite lunches to make is a quinoa bowl. I often feel like I need a carbohydrate to get me through the day, and quinoa is a top choice, as it’s filled with protein and fiber, and feels light in my stomach. Plus, the options are endless when it comes to flavoring the ancient grain (which is actually a seed).
I’ve done Mexican quinoa bowls in the past, but this one is a little less Mexican and a little more tropical. The salsa can also be prepared and used with other dishes.
- For quinoa:
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small lime
- Olive oil
- For salsa:
- 1 pineapple spear
- ¼ small onion (white or red works)
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime
- For bowl:
- ¼ cup black beans
- ½ avocado
1. In a small to medium bowl, mix quinoa, cilantro, garlic powder, and cumin. Squeeze lime juice over quinoa and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Toss and put aside.
2. Dice pineapple, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix in a small bowl, and squeeze lime juice over it, mixing again.
3. Rinse and drain black beans. Top quinoa with black beans, pineapple mixture, and diced avocado. Top with hot sauce as desired.