Coconut Curry Zoodles with Toasted-Coconut-Crusted Tofu
Guys! I'm going to India and Thailand in a month, and I couldn't be more excited! When booking some flights this morning, I couldn't help but to get a premature craving for the exotic and spicy Eastern food that I would be soon consuming. So of course, I had to come up with something I could make on the spot to get me even more stoked for what's to come in September. (PS, if you have any tips for me while I'm there, I would love to hear your suggestions!) I will be going to Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, and Mumbai, as well as Koh Samui and Bangkok!
This coconut curry noodle dish is made with zucchini, making it a much lighter option. I used tofu, but feel free to use a meat like chicken or shrimp if you so desire.
- For curry sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 garlic-cloved-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Red chili flakes
- For noodles:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 sprigs green onion
- About 1/4 organic sprouted tofu, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Handful of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1. Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan with garlic, ginger, lemon, soy, and soy until it begins to bubble and get fragrant. Add curry and mix in. Then add coconut milk and bring to a boil for about a minute or two to thicken. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Spiralize your zucchini. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Saute in a pan with olive oil for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat, or until zucchini is soft. Remove from pan and place in a bowl.
3. In the same pan, heat a little bit of coconut oil. Chop a little bit of your green onion finely to save as garnish, and then cut the rest into large pieces to be sauteed. Add to pan with tofu, sprinkling coconut all over the tofu until its coated. Put the heat on medium to heat and cook for a few minutes until onions are soft and tofu is slightly crisp on the outside.
4. Return to low heat and add your noodles and curry sauce, mixing in until coated. Top with green onion.