This sweet breakfast is a fantastic way to start your morning off with a decadent treat that also happens to be gluten free and high in protein. Experiment with toppings for your own yummy creations.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup of warmed almond milk
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk 1 egg white in a bowl until frothy.
3. In another bowl, mix whole egg with almond flour, salt, honey, and vanilla. Add in warm milk and whisk.
4. Gently fold the egg white into the batter and combine.
5. Melt one tablespoon of coconut oil in a 6 inch, oven-safe pan.
6. Pour the batter in and cook on the for a few minutes on medium heat until edges begin to set.
7. Place pan directly in oven and cook for about 8 minutes, or until puffed up and golden.
7. In a small sauce pan, warm up your berries. I used strawberries, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries.
8. Pour mixture over finished cake and drizzle with honey.
Recipe adapted from Things We Make!