Tigernut Chocolate Chip Cookies
I just discovered tigernut flour, and wow does it make good cookies! Tigernuts are actually not nuts, and they're part of the tuber family (think potatoes), which means they're a resistant starch. They're also vegan and gluten-free! If you're wondering where to get tigernut flour, you can order it online here from Organic Gemini and get 20 percent off with the code superfood!
Ingredients (makes 8 cookies)
- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together tigernut flour, almond flour, and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add mixture to large bowl and combine until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough into two inch balls and press flat. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.