Sometimes I spend days brainstorming and creating ideas for foods I want to make, and sometimes I pop home to make lunch while in a rush, and I come up with something beautiful. This is one such instance. This pasta was a throw-together of all my remaining ingredients left in the fridge before I left for San Francisco, but it was so delicious and beautiful, I had to snap a photo of it. The good news: this makes it a great lunch or dinner option for the rest of you on the go!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 4 ounces uncooked brown rice spaghetti
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Dash of truffle salt
- Dash of pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1. Boil pasta according to package.
2. Drain, and add back to the pot, putting heat very low. Add in arugula, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, truffle salt, and pepper (and nutritional yeast if using). Mix together until pasta is evenly coated.
3. Remove from heat and serve warm.