I love pasta, and the spiralizer has been the most wonderful tool for creating healthy noodle dishes. This is a simple version that only requires minimal ingredients, and the best part is, it's dairy free! I love cheese with my pasta, but it just doesn't work well with my stomach, so cue the vegan cashew cheese!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Tomato sauce (as desired)
- Parsley, for garnish
- Ingredients for Herbed Ricotta
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Spiralize zucchini by cutting in half crosswise, slicing off both ends, and spiralizing using a small noodle blade.
2. Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add zucchini and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until it just begins to soften. Remove from heat
3. Prepare ricotta by blending together cashews, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, apple cider vinegar, and water. Ricotta should be somewhat thick, but still smooth. Add more water if needed.
4. Heat zucchini pan on low, and add desired amount of tomato sauce to noodles. Top with ricotta and parsley to taste.