Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Zucchini Ribbons and Soft-Boiled Egg
Is it a breakfast bowl or a lunch bowl? I'll leave that for you to decide, but as far as I'm concerned, it can definitely be both. This bowl is perfect for those of you who don't have a spiralizer (although in my biased opinion, I obviously think you should get one!). To create these zucchini ribbons, all you need is a peeler.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon ghee butter (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 small/medium zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon sun dried tomatoes
- Handful of parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
1. Add eggs to a small pot, and then fill up with water. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Let eggs sit in warm water for 5 minutes, then remove from hot water, and place into a bowl of cold water to cool.
2. In a medium pan, heat up ghee gutter on medium-low heat. Add cauliflower rice, and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until soft.
3. While cauliflower rice is cooking, begin peeling zucchini ribbons. Lay the zucchini on a cutting board, and using a peeler, start at the top of the zucchin and peel down to the bottom lengthwise. Remove the top skin, and then begin to carefully peel ribbons from top to bottom, putting pressure on the peeler so the ribbons come out thick.
3. Remove cauliflower rice from pan, and add to a bowl. Keep the heat on the pan, and add olive oil. Add zucchini ribbons and cook for about 2 minutes or so until the are soft. Add to the bowl with the cauliflower rice.
4. Remove the eggs from the bowl of water and carefully peel off the shell. Slice them in half and add them to the bowl. Top with sun dried tomatoes and parsley along with lemon juice. Finish off with cracked black pepper, to taste.